The island of Maui is a favorite destination for people who are looking to escape the hustle and bustle of life. With its natural scenery and warm climate is welcoming and refreshing, making it an ideal location for some much-needed relaxation. Moreover, this island paradise is also a great place to create memories and bonds with your family, especially during Thanksgiving. Many restaurants, hotels and activity companies offer a selection of tasty food to eat along with fun things to do that families of different sizes can enjoy. So if you are thinking about spending your Thanksgiving on Maui, here are some things to do and places to see that will help make your Hawaii vacation holiday unforgettable!
Private Thanksgiving in a Maui Beachfront Villa
Enjoy a more private Thanksgiving with your family by booking a Maui beachfront vacation rental from Kahana Village. You can prepare an amazing feast with your whole family in the fully equipped kitchen! Our selection of 2 bedrooms and 3 bedroom Maui beachfront rentals that are sure to provide you and your family with a comfortable space to enjoy your turkey dinner to the fullest. There are various resort amenities available to make sure that you experience a stress-free family vacation. Not to mention, there’s nothing like resting a full belly on the large lanai to the sound of the ocean waves just feet from your holiday getaway.
Thanksgiving Dinner on Water – Sunset Cruise
If you want to celebrate Thanksgiving on the ocean with the sunset as your background, then you will surely enjoy going on a Thanksgiving dinner cruise! Many ocean tour agencies offer this activity, with a selection of Thanksgiving specials provided in the package.
- PacWhale Eco-Adventures – Outstanding ocean setting and spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean, West Maui mountains, and neighboring islands await you as you enjoy your dinner in this amazing holiday ecotour. This trip includes a buffet dinner, complimentary alcoholic beverages for adults, unlimited soda, juice and drinking water, and free Marine Wildlife oversized postcard. Vegan or gluten-free meals can be requested in advance, and affordable rentals of cameras and binoculars are offered.
- Pride of Maui – Departing from Lahaina, this extra special Thanksgiving dinner cruise offers freshly prepared food and a fully stocked open bar with microbrew beers, Liquor, Wine & Mai Tais, with luau entertainment and breathtaking ocean views at the background. Pride of Maui’s relaxing luau atmosphere on board a spacious and stable catamaran will be a one-of-a-kind luau experience for you and your family.
Thanksgiving Dinner on Land – Maui Restaurants
What about dining in style on Thanksgiving? A number of well-known restaurants in Maui provide guests with a set of meals that are perfectly suited for the Thanksgiving celebrations.
- Fleetwood’s On Front Street – With its mouth-watering three-course prix-fixe menu for dinner, impressive decor and rich ambiance, Fleetwood’s will surely provide you and your family with an enjoyable dining experience this Thanksgiving. And if you are celebrating with a huge group, you can also take advantage of their private dining venues. You can book their Rooftop, Zebra Room or Main Dining Room in advance and enjoy a Thanksgiving celebration with your family and friends.
- Cane & Canoe at Montage Kapalua Bay – Another great venue for a wonderful Thanksgiving Dinner is Montage Kapalua Bay’s Cane & Canoe restaurant. Here, you get to enjoy modern Hawaiian cuisine along with a stunning Kapalua Bay scenery in the background. Their meals feature freshest catches and top-quality meats to highlight the best of land and sea, along with fresh produce from local farms.
Thanksgiving Dinner on Land – Hawaiian Luau Party
- Royal Lahaina Luau – This exciting and very popular production that features a mixture of music, dances, and culture of Hawaii, Samoa, New Zealand, Tahiti and more! Enjoy a traditional luau buffet feast and open bar along Kaanapali Beach. As part of the Hawaiian buffet, there will also be a traditional Imu ceremony, with keiki meals available. For the finale, a fire knife dancing performance will astound you.
- Grand Wailea Luau – This Thanksgiving, bring your friends and family to the Grand Wailea Resort and Spa that is located in the lovely Wailea Beach and experience one of the most popular luaus on the island. The Grand Wailea Luau is a fun and exciting celebration of the Polynesian culture. Here you get to enjoy delicious Hawaiian dishes and enjoy a cultural show while marveling on the beauty of the ocean and its magical sunset. You can also witness the astounding performance of a 2-times World champion fire-knife dancer. Other highlights include an open bar, hula lessons, and Hawaiian lawn games.
Thanksgiving Dinner on Land – Maui Beach Picnic
Feel like enjoying the beautiful sceneries and the lovely beaches of Maui this Thanksgiving? Then bring your family down to the Lahaina Beach or Kaanapali Beach for a picnic! Many stores and local diners around Lahaina offer Thanksgiving meals for take-out so that in case you don’t want to do the cooking, you can just order meals for your whole family, hit the beach and enjoy the warm and sunny weather by the beach.
The holiday season is really about spending time with your family and friends, so whatever you decide, we hope that you’ll be joining the Kahana Village ohana this year!