The world is working on getting used to a new normal. With new processes and procedures, we are all trying to cope with this pandemic, while trying to live our lives to the fullest. The good thing is, if you are someone who would like to travel, and have plans on finally taking that Hawaii vacation getaway, you are in luck!
The Hawaiian islands are opening up to tourists come August 1st, 2020, and we can’t wait to see you at our Maui beachfront vacation rentals. And be sure to check out any special or discounts we may have running like our 50% off for all August 2020 bookings for all the vacation villa units. Just call us for the vacation rental deal! Here are the new travel restrictions and procedures that you should know about.
When Travelling to and from Hawaii
If you are planning to travel to or from Hawaii, you will need to be ready for some additional screening procedures. This is to make sure that everyone who comes in and out of the islands is healthy and that all travelers are safe from contracting the COVID-19 virus.
- Prepare for more detailed screenings before and after the flight
Before you get to get on board your flight, you will have to prepare to go through a series of health screening checkpoints on top of the usual TSA check. 24 hours before your flight, see to it that you have already checked in online and be sure to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before your flight to avoid getting delayed for your departure.
- Be ready for a 14-day quarantine
Once you arrive at your destination within Hawaii, you are may be expected to comply with a 14-day mandatory self-quarantine. You are not allowed to go out and mingle with other people and you should keep yourself quarantined in a separate room, especially if you are staying with family members. You are also expected to sign an Order of Self-Quarantine to confirm that you are aware of the 14-day quarantine and acknowledge that violating this order is a criminal offense that is subject to a US$5000 fine and/or one year of imprisonment.
- Get a valid COVID-19 test for travelers coming into Hawaii
Starting August 1st, all travelers coming into Hawaii from outside the state will need to get a valid COVID-19 test within 72 hours of boarding their flight to Hawaii. This is essential especially for those who would want to avoid the 14-day mandatory quarantine that we mentioned previously. The test should show proof that they are negative from COVID-19 upon arrival at the airport. This FDA-approved test from a CLIA-certified laboratory is necessary and should be done before arrival. There will be no testing provided upon arrival at the airport.
Covid-19 Travel Restrictions For Inter-Island Travels
If you are planning to travel from one Hawaiian island to another, you will need to fill out the Traveler Health Form. This form can now be submitted online within 24 hours of your flight departure, so as to improve the efficiency of the passenger verification process, saving the travelers’ time and making it easy for the Department of Health to receive the information in real-time.
- Each passenger is required to submit a traveler health form, including minors.
- See to it that you allow extra time and be at the airport in advance to complete the passenger verification process, on top of the usual security checkpoints.
- The form may not be completed or submitted outside the 24-hour time-frame.
- After completing all the required questions, you are to sign it before submitting it. Once it’s submitted, you will receive an email message with a QR code, which you should bring to the airport, either printed or on an electronic device (preferred).
- You can also download the form in advance, fill it out then print it, and bring it with you to the airport. You can also fill it out at the airport.
- If you have a temperature of 100.4 or above, you are not allowed to travel.
We truly cannot wait to welcome our Kahana Village ohana back one of the best places to stay in Maui! And to help guarantee the safety of everyone in Hawaii, including those who are outside the state, everyone is expected to comply with these health and safety measures. It might feel too strenuous or time-consuming, but it is a measure that every traveler should take to guarantee their own safety from the threats of COVID-19. Due keep in mind that these Hawaii travel restrictions and procedures can change at any time, so make sure that you are up-to-date on this information before you travel!