Among the beautiful, lush landscapes and tasty good eats, Hawaii is best known for its diversity. Often referred to as a “melting pot”, Hawaii is a unique blend of cultures and in the spirit of aloha, Imua Family Services brings the Color Festival Hawaii to Maui. So if your upcoming vacation happens to align with this exciting island event, we invite you to venture from your West Maui lodging and enjoy an exciting afternoon in paradise!
Hosted at Maui Arts and Cultural Center on Saturday, April 13, the Maui community will get together to celebrate the uniqueness of each and every keiki (child). From live music to some ono (delicious) Maui food trucks, this is a family-friendly event that you will not want to miss! With the concept that we are all under the same rainbow, this exciting event will emulate the traditional Indian Holi Festival by throwing colored powders on family as well as friends.
Entertainment includes Rayland Baxter, DJ Boomshot, Shea Butter & The Cream, and Yum Yum Beast.
Tips to get the most out of this Maui event:
- Wear white clothing so that you can leave as colorful as possible.
- Color paks and event t-shirts will be available for purchase at the event.
- Be sure to wear comfortable shoes you don’t mind getting covered in colorful powder.
- The powder is colored cornstarch and most of it will blow over unless wet.
- Wash your clothes right after the festival to preserve the original coloring.
- Protect your eyes with sunglasses or goggles.
- Bring a bandana or dust mask, especially for those with respiratory issues.
- Cover your car seats or bring plastic bags for your dusted clothing after the event
If this sounds like something you and your family would want to enjoy, tickets go on sale Friday, March 1. Adult tickets will be $20 and will increase the day of the show while keiki ages 6-16 is $15. Not only is this expected to be an exciting event, but it is for a good cause! Add a little aloha to your Maui vacation, we hope to see you there!
Looking for more things to do on Maui? As one of the best places to stay in Hawaii, we have a number of island activities that you can do during your time here!